Monday, January 11, 2010

Using the Internet to Teach Kids

I may be digressing a little from the subject of this blog.

But I wanted to share what I recently read in a magazine – it was a very interesting article on using the internet to teach kids. The article provided a list of free tools to help kids with writing, speaking, interacting and thinking.
I have not tried many of them. I very much would love to hear your views if these sites are useful to you and your kids.

These are some useful websites that I thought as parents we can choose to guide our kids but to use them responsibly.

GOOGLE DOCS
Docs.goole.com


Google Docs makes it easy to share and produce collaborative documents that could be used in almost any curriculum talk

Freemind
Freemind.sourceforge.net


This is one of the many free mind mapping applications available. Why not try a few and see one your kids prefer? I love this site the best because there is color and drawing involved.

EVERNOTE
www.evernote.com

This application enables you to capture, save and make a note about anything you or your children come across on the web

EMAIL
And of course your humble email from Google or Yahoo or MSN to connect people.

Personally, I am not a fan of Facebook because it lays too much of our private lives and it provides a very fast way of getting a lot of people on your network which may not be something I want for my kids immediately. I may change my mind in time!

As I am off topic, for those who are interested, please let me know your email address and I will send you the rest on the list.

Subscribe to Teaching Kids While Cooking by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment