Saturday, June 18, 2011

Away in London

Dear Friends, Followers and Readers,

I have not written for a while, about 3 weeks or so as a lot has been happening on my end. We spent most part of the time in London for holidays. It was brilliant!

London is gorgeous with its history and many stories and places to see. There is always something to see, to experience and feel.

 



To quote a famous writer and poet,  Samuel Johnson - "You find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can , afford.”

It was a great experience. And being a metropoliton city food  is everywhere. But chilli is hard to find!

We had chinese, we had western, McDonald, KFC, cafe food, ice cream and lots more.




Fish and chips are perhaps too oily. We had a taste of pot roast and yokshire pudding. The next write up I will attempt the recipe.

I took the kids to a local supermarket and introduced them to the various type of vegetables and fruits and meat and the currency.

And today, my older son, volunteered to cook with me.  He and I prepared some curry and stirred fried vegetables. Also some fried fish.

I am making progress!

Happy Cooking and Teaching!




No comments:

Post a Comment