Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hungry Children

To get my children (and husband!) to eat vegetables, I put lots of veges into a meat dish. And I can serve up this one dish without any other accompainments. My mother taught me this trick. For dinner last night, I dished out this wonderful chick-vege dish. My son was still hungry after that and to my pleasant suprise, he took upon himself to make a simple plate of noodles.

Ingridients
Chopped onions, garlic and ginger
Meat
Vegetables - patotoes, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage
The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without
How to prepare
Stir fry the onions, garlic and ginger till brown
Add in the chicken (you can use any meat that you prefer)
Give it a few minutes (till the meat is about half cooked)
Add in the vegetables (hard veges)
Salt to taste
Some chilly powder for a bit of flavour and taste


Teaching Tip
Get your kids to stir in the ingridients and give them all the credit for a meal well done
Make sure your other half complements the cooking
Get your kids to taste the food before it is served. Make them feel important.

As my boys are growing up, I find that there needs to be food around all the time. My next project would be how best to how food they like and healthy and to balance all that with going to work!

Any ideas?

Happy Teaching and Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment